8 Tips on Managing a WeChat Official Account
A Beginners Guide to WeChat Management for Businesses
You’ve jumped through all the hoops to create a WeChat Official Account. To help you get started, here are 8 tips from ChinaSEO for managing your brand new account:
1. Play around with the basic functions on the Official Account website.
Note that you can only operate and manage the WeChat Official account on your computer at https://mp.weixin.qq.com/. You should learn how to use the basic functions which includes setting up the menu bar, setting up a welcome message, the location of the image gallery and articles and familiarize yourself with the other necessary tools.
2. Learn about formatting software that help you with editing and formatting WeChat articles.
Good formatting is essential in engaging with your readers. Unfortunately, the WeChat default formatting tool is very difficult to use and not very pretty. Most companies use either a paid or free format tool to edit their articles. Here are some tools we recommend:
- Xiumi: https://xiumi.us/
- Yidian: http://www.wxeditor.com/
- Xiaomayi: http://www.xmyeditor.com/
- 135editor: http://www.135editor.com/
- 96editor: http://bj.96weixin.com/
3. Think about your brand positioning.
You may already have a company abroad with a mature audience. However, you will have to reevaluate what your target audience is in China and provide information that Chinese users want to read.
You can learn how to do this by following competitor accounts from both domestic and international companies. Follow Official Accounts by typing in the company on the search bar at the top of your WeChat mobile app. You can then select the account you are looking for and click “Follow”.
4. Work on increasing your follower base.
It is difficult to prove your credibility with a few followers, and that’s where ChinaSEO comes in! We will give you the followers you need to kick start your business and help you grow your social presence.
5. Share your initial articles with friends and family who use WeChat.
These people will be your initial followers. If your articles are engaging, informative or entertaining, your friends will naturally continue to share articles from your account and help you grow your following organically.
6. Always put your WeChat Official Account QR code and company signature at the end of each article.
This is to ensure that when your article is shared on WeChat moments or in chats, people know where the original article is from.
7. Crunch those numbers.
How you perform is measured by the data that you receive on your official account. This function is completely free and you will be able to access it anytime. The most widely used metrics for a WeChat Official Account is:
- Total followers
- Number of articles posted
- Number of views
- Average number of views per day
- Number of times favorited
- Engagement rate
8. Experiment with push notifications.
Push notifications show up directly as a message on a user’s WeChat app. Depending on what you push, this may increase your engagement rate. Typical things to push include:
- Send blogs and articles
- Send voice messages
- Send images
- Send text messages
Hopefully you found this list useful. Leave a comment below if you have any questions and we’ll be more than happy to answer them.