Step by step tutorial to get your Weibo account verified and upgraded to VIP
Weibo V account is for “verified members” which allows you to use paid advertising functions on the platform. It also lets you customize the appearance of your profile page.
1. You will need to have registered a Weibo account first. This blog will take you through the steps to register a Weibo Account: https://medium.com/@hello_73030/what-is-weibo-and-how-do-i-sign-up-4502c87c75fc
2. Once you have registered an account, select “Me” on the bottom right of the menu bar.
3. You will see a “VIP Center” icon on the top right corner next to your profile picture.
4. Click the icon and then scroll all the way down until you see the menu bar with “Verify”
5. Click the first bar on the menu.
6. You will need the requirements below to register:
- Clear Profile Photo
- Bind your mobile number
- You need to follow at least 50 accounts
- You need to have at least 50 followers
- You need more than 2 VIP accounts that you are friends with (they need to follow you back)
7. Once you have all of these, you can send the application to be verified. Unfortunately, only part of Weibo is translated so you might have some trouble with the steps. You can leave a comment below if you run into any problems!
Note: This is the verification process for a personal account.
If you are an organization or a business, the “V” label will be blue. For personal accounts, it will be yellow. Red symbols are for media outlets and celebrities only.
If you are looking to boost your engagement or have followers to upgrade your account VIP, you can check out: www.ChinaSEOexperts.com